Let’s be frank. Ketchup and mustard can get a little boring. Upgrade your menu this Super Bowl Sunday and make Chili Cheese Dogs. They’re a cookout game changer and a guaranteed crowd favorite. Piled high with homemade chili, cheese, onions and the best part… Fritos.
So Chili Cheese Dogs are not the most beautiful item, but let’s be real… they’re delicious. I don’t know what it is, but the chili just puts these dogs over the top. For game day, I like to keep things simple. When I have friends over to watch the game, there is nothing I despise more than being stuck in my kitchen. Any recipe that is simple to make, and doesn’t require me standing over the stove all evening is a recipe for me.
These Chili Cheese Dogs are great for a party because you can set them up buffet style and everyone can make their own. I did a news segment last week where I talked about DIY meal options, and I think everyone really enjoys that. That way, you can make your meal how you want!
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 cups chili, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced red onion
- Fritos chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook hot dogs according to package instructions; set aside.*
- Place hot dog buns in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet, and toast until golden brown.
- Place hotdogs into buns, and top with warm chili, cheese, red onion and Fritos.
- Serve immediately.