ATTENTION ALL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE LOVERS! After countless hours of trials and tribulations I have finally come across the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. They’re crunchy on the outside, chewy in the center and studded with tons of chocolate chips. Let’s face it. This famous classic American cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion.
Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, or after-school treat. With this easy, three-step recipe, you’ll have soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies to serve and enjoy in no time. I make a bunch at once, then store the rest in the freezer for whenever I feel like a sweet snack.
As much as I love a thin and crispy cookie or a cake-like cookie, chocolate chip cookies are really the best when they’re a little bit of both. They’re deliciously-buttery, they’re ooey-gooey-chocolatey, they absolutely melt in your mouth when they’re fresh out of the oven, and they’re my all-time favorite cookies. I’ve tried a lot of chocolate chip cookies in life, and have been baking up batches for years but this classic recipe is certainly the best one I have ever used.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.