This #HalftimeHero creation is brought to you by Farm Rich. All opinions expressed are my own.”
The “Big Game” is just two weeks away on February 5, and it’ll be here before we know it! Besides great football, I’m looking forward to all of the great snacks! Let’s be real here… there is really nothing better than game day bites. This year I’m partnering up with Farm Rich and making these Giant Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and let’s just say this may be the holy grail of sandwiches. Texas toast makes up the bread for this sandwich, and the inside is filled with Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks and slices of mozzarella cheese. A side of marinara for dipping and you’ve got yourself a game-winning sandwich.
When it comes to game-day food, I like to keep things simple. There is nothing worse than being cooped up in the kitchen, while all your friends are in the living room enjoying the big game. Made with wholesome ingredients, quick-frozen and carefully packaged, Farm Rich snacks can be made in minutes, so you spend more time cheering and less time cooking during the big game. Need ideas to plan your party? Check out their Game Day Page here: http://dailybites.farmrich.com/
When followers/readers share their #HalftimeHero snack/app idea via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest using the hashtag (via photos or text), they’ll be entered for the chance to win year’s supply of Farm Rich snacks for all their game day needs.
- 8 slices of Texas toast
- 20, Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
- 8 slices of Mozzarella cheese
- Butter, for grilling sandwiches
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Cook Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks according to package instructions. Once cooked, start assembling the sandwich.
- To assemble the sandwiches take a piece of Texas toast and top it with five Farm Rich Mozzarella sticks and then two slices of mozzarella cheese. Place another piece of Texas toast on top. Melt butter in pan. Grill sandwich until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with marinara sauce.