This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PremiumPrep #CollectiveBias
Healthy chicken parmesan? It’s cheesy, saucy, crispy, and sits on top of delicious zucchini noodles. It can be ready in about 20 minutes with very minimal prep, it only requires 7 simple ingredients, and it’s healthy. It’s a wholesome weekday dinner with protein and veggies but it’s also cheesy, saucy and crispy to still be delicious. I simplified things and used Bertolli® Tomato & Basil sauce, which is incredibly delicious. The Bertolli® Creamy Alfredo sauce pairs wonderfully with zoodles as well. Prepare to be inspired with the many different combinations you can create with these premium Italian sauces with fresh ingredients and artistry handed down over 150 years. Live a simple, Tuscan lifestyle with these great sauces!
I like to make a large batch of this in the beginning of the week and store it in Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ Food Storage containers for convenience. Did I mention these containers don’t stain and are microwave friendly? I love them!
I have a hate/love relationship with food storage containers. I find they always stain, break, leak etc. When I came across these new Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ ones at Walmart the other day I have to admit I was a bit skeptical… however they are awesome. Red sauce? No problem and no stains. They’re sturdy, high quality and don’t leak. There is nothing worse than bringing a bag of food to work and having it leak all over your bag during the commute. These however do not.
Here are some of the amazing deals happening right now:
- $0.75 off any Bertolli pasta sauce variety at Walmart
- $2.00 off a single Rubbermaid Brilliance container at Walmart
- $5.00 off the Rubbermaid Brilliance 10 piece set at Walmart
For more great food prep recipes click here.
Right now, when you shop at Walmart for Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ containers and Bertolli® sauces, you can earn cash back: here.
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1½ cups Bertolli® Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 cup shreaded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 zucchinis
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the breadcrumbs, panko, and Parmesan in a shallow dish with the Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Fry: Cut the chicken breasts into a total of four pieces (for example, if there are two breasts, cut each in half – pound them a little thinner and wider if you want) and dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs so that they stick all over the surface of the chicken. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want the outside to be golden brown – the inside can finish cooking in the oven.
- Bake: Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Add the sauce and sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Return to the oven for a few more minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Finish: While the chicken finishes, cut the zucchini into thin shreds or use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Serve the chicken and sauce over the raw zucchini noodles.