Hosting a casual New Year’s Eve get-together at home with friends? These Pimento Cheese BLT Sliders are quick to throw together and beyond delicious. There is something so comforting about a BLT sandwich and then add pimento cheese… OMG it is fabulous! I know many of you want to skip the big, blow-out New Year’s Eve party this year, opt out of the frenzy, and start the year in a more intimate fashion with a close group of friends and family. These comforting sliders are perfect for that, as well as the Mini Chicken and Waffles I posted yesterday.
New Year’s Eve goes one of two ways: Either you’re really into it or totally over it. It’s not the actual night that’s hard to handle, but the upcoming days and weeks, (if your friends are planners) avoiding invitations, coming up with excuses and figuring out how to politely tell everyone that no, you’re not going out that night. You must prepare for staying in as strategically as everyone else is preparing for going out.
Invite a few close friends to ring in the New Year with an easy, intimate party at home. No need for an elaborate menu. These mostly make-ahead dishes allow you to relax and enjoy the fun, too. Remember, it is possible to have “the best night of the year” at home with your friends.
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon (about 8 slices)
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper from a jar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 slices soft white french bread
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 3 cups mixed greens or trimmed arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake bacon on 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets, rotating halfway through, until bacon is brown and crisp, 18–20 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, mix cheese, mayonnaise, red pepper, and jalapeños in a medium bowl; season pimiento cheese with salt and pepper.
- Toast bread. Spread half of bread slices with pimiento cheese. Build sandwiches with bacon, tomatoes, mixed greens, and remaining bread slices.
DO AHEAD: Pimiento cheese can be made 2 days ahead; cover and chill. Sandwiches can be assembled 3 hours ahead; wrap tightly and chill.