In my previous post, I talked about how one of my girlfriends asked me to make cupcakes for her bridal shower, which was over the weekend. And like I said, I absolutely love an excuse to bake, but even more so for such a fabulous friend. Cupcakes never disappoint and bridal shower guests will be delighted by these petite cakes. Between the pretty candy flowers, and a filling of strawberry jam inside, which gives guests a sweet surprise, these cupcakes are as fabulous and as sweet as Tara! Wishing you and Erik the most fabulous wedding day!
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tins with liners.
2. Stir together milk and vanilla.
3. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Sift together flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
4. Beat egg whites at medium speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
5. Bake at 350° for 18 – 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
6. Take cupcake filling tool and cut hole in the center of each cupcake. Fiil with 1/2 teaspoon strawberry jam.
7. To make frosting, in a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency. Pipe Vanilla Buttercream Frosting on cupcakes and top with a candy rose and edible pearls.